March 7, 3:30-4:30pm
March 14, 3:30-4:30pm
An educational, virtual event to introduce companies to participating nonprofits. Project matches are revealed and meet to learn about the impact they’ll be making during the Earth Day Challenge.
Volunteer Challenge & Party-In-A-Box
Triangle & Charlotte
April 11th, 12:30-3pm
Employees spend an afternoon learning about and volunteering with their nonprofit project match. An on-site ‘Party in a Box’, provided by EarthShare NC, will wrap up the day, including local goods, mementos, and a prompt for the team to submit a video for awards.
Earth Day Mixer
April 18th, 5:30-8pm
April 22th, 5:30-8pm
An early evening social event bringing together companies and nonprofits to celebrate impact. Light food and drinks will be provided, stories will be shared, and awards will be presented.
- Representatives from each nonprofit were submitted in the Project Submission Form, so no further registration is needed. Please be sure at least one representative will be in attendance.
- Project Introductions
- One major goal of Mission Reveal is to introduce your projects to all the companies. Please record a 60 second or less video using your phone or computer (get as informal or fancy as you’d like!) to share your mission, project details, and a fun fact or impact statement that we’ll use in an interactive game, and submit it here by Wed. February 28th.
- Interactive Game & Meeting Your Match
- Each team will be placed in their own breakout room to complete a crossword puzzle and word scramble to learn about the nonprofits and reveal their project match.
- Project hosts will be placed in the rooms with their matched team at the beginning of the game with their video off and name removed, and come on camera to announce themselves once the team solves the puzzle. Feel free to cheer, say congratulations or greet the group in any creative way you’d like!
- The project host will spend about 10 minutes sharing about their organizations, the project, and anything else they’d like to fill the time. Teams will finish the game at different times, so please have an activity prepared to keep your team busy if they finish very early (this could be as simple as a round of introductions or sharing your organization’s impact or history).
- Volunteer Registration
- After Mission Reveal, EarthShare NC staff will provide each team with a webpage including project information, project coordinator contact information, and employee registration. We will provide you the full list of registrants after April 1st.
- You may not require your sponsor to buy and bring materials needed to complete the project (plants, soil, machinery, etc). However, if they offer to provide additional support/funding/materials, you may accept it.
- EarthShare NC will provide each project a $200 stipend to help supplement costs.
- If you require a physical waiver to be signed, please have copies for volunteers to sign when they arrive to the project site. If you have an electronic waiver, you were able to include that in your project submission form.
- Inclement Weather
- Projects will continue in light rain. They will be rescheduled for the following day, Fri. April 12th in the case of inclement weather.
- Evaluation Form
- At the end of the project, you will be responsible for completing a project host evaluation form. This form helps us determine the winners of the Corporate Earth Day Awards and programmatic impact (lbs of trash collected, sq ft of gardens prepped, etc.)! Evaluations will be sent out prior to the challenge and are due by Mon. April 5th, 5pm.
- We are coordinating and providing party supplies including non-alcoholic drinks, snacks, and a t-shirt for all volunteers. Project hosts will need to provide shade and water. Volunteers will be asked to bring chairs and blankets if chairs will not be available on-site.
- Coordination & Delivery
- We will be in touch to coordinate drop off prior to or during the volunteer project.
Media & Awards
One fun part of the Earth Day Events is that teams compete for the coveted, locally-made, blown glass globe awards—and bragging rights!
- Best Overall – Given to the team with the most impressive overall impact, spirit and teamwork.
- Partnership Award – Given to the team that went above and beyond the planned volunteering.
- Sustainable Stewards – Given to the “greenest” team that actively reduced their carbon footprint during this event.
- The Storytelling Award – Teams will record a video from their day at the Party-In-A-Box to submit for the Storytelling award. The top five will be played live at the Earth Day Mixer for judges to select the winner.
- Photos/Videos & Promotion
- Each team will have a media representative to document the day, but please take and share any photos/videos as you’d like! You can upload them in your evaluation form or email directly to email@example.com.
- Be sure to follow along on Instagram, Facebook & LinkedIn @earthsharenc and please tag us in your stories and posts!
Earth Day Mixer
- Each project host gets one free ticket to the Mixer event. If you’d like an additional ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project hosts can register in the video introduction submission form.
- Light food and drinks will be provided, stories will be shared, awards will be presented, and an auction will feature local, sustainable goods and services for all to bid on.